Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Let's lose the formality

My name is Emily, and if you are reading this blog I think you should know a little bit about the person that's voicing all their opinions to world wide wed. I come from a relatively small town in southern Indiana and I am currently in my second semester of college at a university. I spent the majority of my summer living and traveling around in Austria, and in all honesty I would rather be there now. It's the most beautiful place I have been to yet, and I absolutely love the German language. I have been skating with the Rollergirls of Southern Indiana (aka. ROSI) for a few months now, and if you've never seen a real roller derby match, I encourage you to go to one. You can get some basic information about derby right here: http://rollergirlsofsin.com/.

Though this is my first post on this particular blog, it is not the first I have done before. When I was in Austria I posted blogs about my experiences on a regular basis so that my people at home could keep up with me. This is, however, the first blog I am forced to write. Well, I guess there's always a choice in what you do, but I'd prefer not repeating my English class because I was too lazy to do a couple of blogs. As for the content of the blogs to come, I really have no idea. Perhaps there will be guidelines or maybe it will just be what I feel like voicing my opinion of at the time. We'll just wait and see.

For my first opinion, yesterday, as I'm sure many of you know, was the presidential inauguration. I was very pleased to see Obama sworn in. I had the chance to travel to D.C. and see it live in person with my dad, but I unfortunately had other things I had to take care of at home and so my dad tok the trip alone. I'm out of time for today, but have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment